School Boxing Programs & Kids Boxing Classes
Introducing Boxing to our Youth – The Sweet Science
The Hurt Locker is a great place for young people to learn the skills and the discipline of the Olympic Sport of Boxing…. get super fit while having fun! We work with schools, juniors and teens to provide short programs that help build confidence, self-worth and discipline all the while in a safe environment where ‘punching it out and letting of some steam’ is a positive thing. Students and young people leave our sessions feeling empowered, invigorated and less stressed than when they came in.
Perth High School Boxing Programs
Our boxing programs give Primary and Secondary school students the opportunity to experience one of the most effective training programs available to individuals under the guidance of qualified coaches. We provide a unique and challenging fitness and recreational opportunity guaranteed to engage, educate and intrigue your students. Each person will be immersed in an informative and hands on traditional boxing program. The combination of physical conditioning and mental preparedness required for boxing transfer in to huge benefits in all areas of the student’s life, this including: academic, enhancing performance and fitness in other sports, team work, and finally providing the chance to enjoy recreational fitness in a safe and healthy environment. Our goal is to make the boxing experience a positive and rewarding one, to give students an excellent workout, and to offer an educating experience to one of the most exciting sports in the world. The program is completely safe; participants will learn self-defence techniques without the use of contact.
Basic Classes Includes
WARM UP EXERCISES
- Shadow Boxing
- Functional Body Movement
- Stretching (Individual and Partnered)
- Basic Punching
- Stance and Guard
- Self Defence
- Footwork Techniques
WORK OUT – FITNESS/ CONDITIONING
- Bag Work
- Focus Pad Work (Working in Partners)
- Glove Work (Partnered Glove on Glove – NO BODY CONTACT)
- Medicine Ball and Abdominal - Core strengthening Work
- Light Dumbbells/ Hand weights – Upper Body Strengthening
- Body Weight Leg Endurance/ Strength – Correct Technique in Squats, Lunges and Plyometric/ Power Jumping
- Group Discussion summarising the key points of the session
HURT LOCKER COACHING TEAMWe provide fully-qualified and experienced coaches. The Hurt Locker coaching team have been coaching and developing juniors and teens for many years. All Hurt Locker coaches have the following Qualifications:
- Level One and Level 2 Boxing Coach Accreditation – Boxing Australia
- Working with Children Check (Western Australia)
- First Aid Qualification
- Most of our Coaches are also Qualified Personal Fitness Trainers – Certificate IV (Fitness Australia).
HURT LOCKER IN THE COMMUNITY
The Hurt Locker is the Home Gym for the Annual White Collar Charity Boxing event the ‘RQCC’ and Blue Collar Charity Boxing event ‘Trade Wars’. Funds and Donations raised through the RQCC over 11 years have reached $1.5 million and donated to Toybox International who provide much needed funds and equipment to Perth Children’s Hospital (formerly PMH) and other smaller institutions.
In 2017, the Hurt Locker also launched its inaugural event “Fight for Life’ in an effort to raise awareness and donations for Lifeline to aid in Suicide Prevention.
SCHOOL BOXING PROGRAM - PRICING OPTION
Every Privately Booked session for your Students/ Class will include the Following:
- 150m2 Open Spaced Boxing Room
- 22 Boxing Bags
- Focus Pads and Boxing Gloves provided
- One Hurt Locker Specialist Coach
Cost per Session is $275 (Including GST) Invoiced to Your School Accounts Department.
WHAT STUDENTS NEED TO BRING
- Water Bottle (No water Fountain at Hurt Locker, only tap water and bottled water for sale $2.00)
- Training Sweat Towel
- Comfortable Sports clothing / School Sports Uniform
- Appropriate Sports Shoes.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SCHOOL BOOKINGS
Please get in touch with us to discuss our Kids Boxing Programs further.
Craig Wilson Mobile – 0414 749 244
Email – info@hurtLocker.com.au